Home > Soul Reaver 2 > Assorted Prerelease Information
Assorted Prerelease Information
This article is a place to hold the motley crew of bullet points regarding material which may have been deleted from the game. It is based on prerelease interviews and previews of Soul Reaver 2.
- The August 2000 issue of Electronic Gaming Monthly mentions vampire- and demon-worshipping sects of humans, much like The Undercity and The Temple cut from Soul Reaver.
- The same issue of EGM also mentions the appearance of Turel, the missing vampire lieutenant from the first game. In a seperate question-and-answer with Amy Hennig regarding the Soul Reaver series, she says "we absolutely have not forgotten about Turel; he's a critical piece of the puzzle." Although only the human Turel appeared in Soul Reaver 2, the evolved vampire Turel was reintroduced to the series in Defiance.
- An interview regarding the game described a puzzle whereby Raziel would have to take the hands from a group of monsters he fought in order to open a door whose lock was based on a palmprint-type system.
- An additional puzzle element described in an interview was of a block that needed to be pulled out of a wall, and while it was still in the air Raziel would shift to Spectral to freeze it there and use it as a point to jump from.
- At least one preview of the game mentions a cathedral location, and The Soul Reaver 2 Proof of Concept features one. Defiance included Avernus Cathedral (from Blood Omen) as a playable location, although it is unconfirmed if it was slated to be in Soul Reaver 2 previously.